Tasting & Tours
Wine Tastings and Tours at the Put-In-Bay Winery
Experience Island Life as it was in the 1800’s.
Situated on the water, directly across from Gibraltar Island, sits the majestic Italianate residence, the Doller House. It was home to one of Put-In-Bay’s wealthiest and most influential citizens, Valentine Doller.
Tour the Doller House and Island Life Museum to learn about island living, past and present. Displays include the last remaining island icehouse and the 100 year evolution of winter travel across the ice.
- Create a flight of three or four of our Put-In-Bay Wines that we offer to create the ultimate entertainment tasting experience for any palate.
- The Wine Tasting Tour ( due to shortage of help we will not be giving tours at this time. Thanks for your patience)
- The tour begins with a taste of one of our fine dry white wines.
- In the Parlor of the Main House we have a tasting of the Put-In-Bay Winery Merlot.
- The Historic Ice House explains the importance of Valentine Doller’s ice business as visitors enjoy a tasting of the Put-In-Bay Riesling.
- The evolution of travel across the frozen lake is described as visitors begin to appreciate the history of island life and its development over time.
- The Put-In-Bay Pink Catawba is enjoyed while following the grape from harvesting to bottling.
- Visitors enjoy the Put-In-Bay Concord in the old wine press room.
- The tour concludes in the Put-In-Bay Winery Gift Shop where our delicious chocolate wine is sampled.
The wine tasting tour costs $10/per person for 5 samples of our wines which are tasted over the course of the 35-minute tour of the house and estate.
- Celebration (sparkling Moscato)
- Concord (sweet)
- Pink Catawba (sweet)
- Riesling (semi-dry)
- Merlot (dry)